Tod Harris’s Bio
I walked through five years of recovery before choosing my Higher Power – Jesus Christ. This is the foundational point regarding my qualification to help others who are struggling with what life brings to them. I have walked the path myself, and I have discovered healthy living.
Today, I have a passion to help others who find themselves struggling with life … whether it’s the result of their choices (such as an addictive cycle), other people’s choices (such as divorce or abandonment), or simply life itself (such as grief due to a loss). In reality, I have been working towards a “Total Life Change” (TLC) Recovery program for 30 years. Throughout those 30 years I have experienced many programs of recovery – both secular and Christ-based. As I journeyed in my own recovery, I grew closer to Christ and began to realize that it was only through His strength and love that I was still sober. I had, in time, realized that Christ Himself was my TLC Recovery.
My commitment to Christ led me to graduate from seminary. And while I love being a pastor and shepherding God’s children, I have an intimate passion for those who feel lost. It is my desire to meet them where they are and bring to them the hope of Christ and a Total Life Change … like I have experienced.
I know life can be challenging when facing addiction. I understand the despair and complete hopelessness one may feel. That is why I created TLC Recovery. When struggling with life’s hurts, habits, and hang-ups, a person needs:
- A stable place to land
- A person that can hold them accountable and guide them
- Someone who will give them helpful tools and show them how to implement them in their daily lives
I believe in creating a foundation built in and on Christ. I believe the seed of success has been planted by God in every person since birth, and that with TLC Recovery the seed will grow.
With God’s help, I have endeavored to pave a path for those looking to end their cycle of addiction. I have established a group of peers that work with TLC Recovery to cultivate the desire to find relief from hurts, habits, and hang-ups. This team includes: Addiction Specialists, Therapists, Spiritual Advisors, and Life Coaches. TLC Recovery and the networking team offer support groups, educational lessons on addiction, and a sacred space where families can heal.
Experience Adding to my Qualifications:
- Yosemite Lakes Community Church – Associate Pastor
- Celebrate Recovery – Pastor, Leader, Developer, and Central California District Rep
- Northwest Church – Associate Pastor of Adult Ministries
- Salvation Army & Fresno Rescue Mission – Volunteer Teaching Pastor
- Sierra Villa Residential Home – Volunteer Pastor, Preaching, Chaplaincy
- Valley Teen Ranch – Chemical Dependency Director, House Parent & Supervisor
- Kings View Counseling Center – Educator, Counselor
- Fresno Juvenile Hall – Director, Christ Centered Recovery Program
- Alcoholics Anonymous – Weekly Speaker, Sponsor, Minister
- Anger Management – Facilitator Certification
- Licensed and Ordained