ANGER CAN BE TOXIC
We all know, and have felt anger: whether as a fleeting annoyance or as full-fledged rage.
Anger is a completely normal, usually healthy, human emotion. But when it gets out of control and turns destructive, it can lead to problems—problems at work, in your personal relationships, and in the overall quality of your life. And it can make you feel as though you’re at the mercy of an unpredictable and powerful emotion.
We learn to control our anger so that it does not lead to violent outbursts or actions that are harmful to others by:
- Gaining a better understanding of self
- Learning different techniques for stress management
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
In our Anger workshops, we devote lessons to improving communications so that we may become better listeners and communicators. This helps prevent angry situations. Participants are encouraged to complete all of the exercises in the book and practice applying the techniques in real-life situations.
- Recognizing our responsibility in changing “maladaptive” behavior.
- Understand anger patterns and stress responses.
- Develop awareness of one’s own stress and anger signals
- Develop the capacity to sense the mood of a person with whom he or she must interact.
- Identify “situational anger” that consistently results in angry responses leading to violent behavior.
- Eliminate or minimize violent behavior.
- Learn to use “time-outs” to prevent violent confrontations.
- Incorporate new coping skills to handle strong feelings.
- Use communication skills and listening techniques effectively
- Gain a better understanding of how children can be affected by parental communication techniques.
TLC’s Outpatient Program is the newest program offered by Total Life Change. Our mission is to provide faith-based solutions for life’s challenges, and we can’t do it without your help. So many men and women need recovery, and more importantly, they need Jesus!